A Touch of Vintage & Glam - Laundry Room Upgrade

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Friends, I have some fabulousness to share with you today!

A while back, I received the loveliest email from an extremely talented artist.  The email was really and truly one of the nicest emails I have ever received as a blogger and I would have hugged Ashley if I could have.

Not only was the email full of kindness, she also generously offered me a few of her amazing prints and I could have been any more excited to add her amazing work to our home!

I have to admit, it's taken me a while to hang the prints up (I'm sorry Ashley!!!), as embarrassing as that is, they have both found a home and I'm pretty thrilled with how they look.  Of course I have to share some pics!

I had been searching for a print to place on my bedside table.  The minute I saw this one, I knew it was perfect!  I am still however, searching for the perfect frame:


The second print I chose, well, you'll know why I chose it when you see it. I die!  It's so good:


A closer picture:

get yours here

This lovely ended up in our laundry room.  Gah, I know, but it's not as bad as it sounds.  You can see the print from the hallway when you walk past the laundry room, so she'll be seen often.  And honestly, what's better than a touch of vintage and glam in one's laundry room?!

You can see more of Ashley's amazing work here.

The vintage frame? You want to know more. Well, I will tell you then.  Believe it or not, this was a curb-side pick up.  Yeah, totally true.  My mother in law spotted it at the end of her neighbours driveway and couldn't leave it.  I'm so glad she didn't.  A little spray paint and tada, perfect frame in a frame frame!

You can easily find one for yourself.  Check your local vintage store or thrift shop, they often have a good selection of frames just waiting for a project like this.

Cheers,

4 comments:

  1. Love the gal in the laundry room! I just checked out Ashley's shop, her fashion illustrations are great, I may need to pick one up for myself. Hollie {www.thepinkzipper.blogspot.ca}

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE! Great blog! Looking forward to meeting you at BlogPodium!

    ReplyDelete
  3. اذا كان الزبون ساكن فى عقار محدد حتى إلى الأدوار المرتفعة للغاية كما يلزم ان يكون العاملين الماهرين فى مؤسسة تخزين عفش بجازان الذين يقوم باعمال نقل الأثاث و الاثاث المخصص بك عزيزى الزبون من ذوى الخبرة و الجدارة العالية فى فك و تركيب و تغليف أيضا جميع العفش المنزلى و يقومون عمال مؤسسة نقل أثاث بجازان بتغليف جميع قطع الأثاث و الانتريهات و الموبيليات المرغوب نقلها و نقوم بتعليم الكراتين
    شركة نقل عفش
    شركة نقل عفش من الرياض الى الاردن
    شركة نقل اثاث من الرياض الى الاردن
    شركة نقل عفش بالاحساء

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a little note!

 

© 2010-2014 Julie Shaver. All Rights Reserved. | Policies | Blog Design By Brittany Douglas